Friday, June 12, 2015

More ICAD catch-up...

I experimented with some more mixed media techniques for Days #8 and #10 of the ICAD challenge. The prompts this week have been primarily based on color and/or food. For Day #8 the prompt was grapefruit and cherry, and for Day #10 it was eggplant and ginger. I've been only loosely using these prompts this week, mostly for the color influences they offer, as you'll see here:
For this one I leaned heavily on my beloved Distress Inks (Black Soot for the background, and Walnut Stain for the tree). I used the prompt by drawing red (cherry) and orange-red (grapefruit) hearts on little pieces of a book page and then using Mod Podge to adhere them amongst the tree branches.
For this one I once again used my Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo) to cover the entire index card. I drew the door panels directly onto the index card, and then drew the wreath and door handle on cardstock and adhered them so as to make them pop off the index card a little. I wanted a glossy effect for the door handle and the wreath's berries (these are where I brought in the eggplant and ginger prompt), so I applied glossy Mod Podge over them.
It's been really fun letting loose for this ICAD challenge, as I'm learning and experimenting with a lot of new techniques. I can't wait to see what other techniques I learn over the next two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment