Monday, June 8, 2015

ICAD Catch-up

I've been keeping up with creating my index cards for the 2015 ICAD challenge, but I've been failing to get them posted to my blogs in a timely manner. I have a couple to post now, from days 3 through 5. I completed my sixth and seventh index cards on their respective days, but I still need to photograph them so that I can post them. Just think of it as building suspense.

I'm posting my index cards for days 3 and 4 both here and on my drawing blog, MissAdventureArt. These two are mostly drawings (and writing, as you'll see), their primary medium used being pen, but since I had some Distress Ink fun with them I'll also post them here on my mixed media art blog.

The third day's prompt was to draw a map. The fourth day's prompt was mailbox. And the prompt for the fifth day was owl.
Being the animal lover and human counterpart to a number of four-legged furballs, I drew a map more or less representative of my home. I crumpled it up and used Distress Ink (both Antique Linen and Vintage Photo) to give the map an aged look.
I decided not to draw a mailbox itself, and instead I scrawled a quick letter, inspired by Edgar Allan Poe. I spruced it up (more like roughed it up) by crumpling it and applying Distress Ink (again, I used Antique Linen and Vintage Photo).
I created the background with my Black Soot Distress Ink, and to create the stars I splattered it with my white Sharpie paint pen. As you can see, I ripped up some more of my trusty old book pages and on them drew an owl and wrote, "Spread your wings and soar." As always, I adhered them to the index card with my trusty Mod Podge.
I am having a blast creating these index cards. It looks like I'll be doing the ICAD challenge every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment