Tuesday, June 9, 2015

ICAD: Day 7

For Day 7 of the ICAD challenge I had some mixed media fun. The prompt for that day was period table. If you've seen my mixed media art tags, you might remember that I've created a couple of them using an old chemistry catalog along with toying with entries of the periodic table of elements. Needless to say, I did a similar thing for the seventh day of the ICAD challenge. Here's the result:
LiFe, chemistry style.
Going in line with my typical mixed media style, I used Mod Podge to adhere the chemistry catalog cutouts to my index card. Instead of drawing on the catalog pieces like usual, though, this time I made my drawings on some cardstock, practiced some serious patience by cutting them out with an X-Acto knife, and then adhered them in place with yet some more Mod Podge. After everything had dried I applied some Black Soot Distress Ink along the edges.

As usual, I had a tone of fun! Join in on the ICAD challenge if you aren't already doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment