Tuesday, June 23, 2015

ICAD: Days 15 and 17-20

Here I am again, playing ICAD catch-up. To make a long story short, here are my index cards for Days 15 and 17-20:
Day 15. The prompt for this day was Route 66. Using that concept, I used Distress Ink (Black Soot) to create a road on my index card. Then I tore some pieces out of an old road atlas and used Mod Podge to adhere them to the sides of the road I had created. I polished it all off by adding more and more Distress Ink (Black Soot, Walnut Stain, and Vintage Photo). On a whim I was then compelled to whip out my white Sharpie poster paint pen, and you can see what happened after that. "Oh, the places you'll go!"
Day 17. The prompt was wabi-sabi, which essentially puts emphasis on seeing beauty in imperfection. So, I used an index card that I had days earlier smeared some leftover Distress Ink on, and then I went from there. "A beautiful thing is never perfect."
Day 18. The prompt was treehouse. I was in a bit of a whimsical mood that day, so I found a pretty magazine page with a whimsical-looking tree, drew some houses on a book page, cut some slits in the magazine page, tucked my drawn houses into those slits, and them adhered that all into place with some Mod Podge. After that, I took some embroidery thread and more or less sewed the edges of the index card. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun with this one.
Day 19. The prompt for this day was snowglobe. I'm honestly not very pleased with my contribution for this day, which involved creating my own makeshift snowglobe out of index cards decorated with Distress Ink (Black Soot) and white Sharpie poster paint pen splatters, a piece of clear plastic, a snowy cutout from an old calendar page, white paper and a hole puncher, and lots and lots of staples and Mod Podge. Honestly, it looked so much better in my head.
Day 20. This day's prompt was color wheel. I wasn't really in the mood to make an actual, genuine color wheel. So, I instead made a colorful wheel of flowers, and then attached it to a Distress Inked index card using a brad.
 I'm trying to get my creative juices flowing with these. All in all, I'm having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment