Tuesday, June 16, 2015

ICAD: Days 11 and 12

Shame on me - I just keep falling behind in photographing and posting my index cards. Well, better late than never, I guess.

For both Day 11 and Day 12 I went a largely mixed media route. The prompts were lime and mango and parsnip and kiwi, respectively. As per usual lately, I only loosely used these prompts, and only when choosing my color scheme.

Now, without further ado...
I used this index card to experiment with more texture and materials than I usually do. I did draw the house and wrote "Home Sweet Home" on my usual book page canvas. But, I branched out some more and used torn pieces from magazine pages for the sky and sun, and some spare sparkly green tissue paper for the grass. I used Mod Podge to seal it all together.
The night before I made this particular index card I went to a garage sale, where I bought a beautifully packaged roll of pink and brown scrapbook paper. I've never really done any true scrapbooking, but the paper was so beautiful and I immediately felt compelled to use it for an art piece. So, I used that paper for the background of this cute kitty-inspired index card, although I did decide to adhere a piece of white tissue paper over it to dim it down a bit. I love cats - can you tell?
Fun times, as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment